All our jewels are made of silver 950, and/or brass. They are also gold plated with 24 gold karat.
As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize the lifespan of the piece. Here are some tips to help you preserve the appearance of the piece:
- Clean your jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rub the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth. It also helps restore shine.
- After wearing, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewelry box separate from other types of jewelry you have to avoid scratches. Ideally keep it in a dark place avoiding natural or artificial light.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry. Wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your favorite perfume so that chemicals on the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
- Remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing and exercising. Never expose your jewelry to sea water.
- Avoid rubbing bracelets, necklaces and rings against each other.